Saturday, March 29, 2008

Vulcan Entertains Pt.7

continuing with 'Vulcan Entertains' (I keep typing 'Entertained' for some reason)
 in bootleg-o-vision ...

Drunken Prohibition is startled.

pan left
to cool DT ghosts! Man, I'd love to see color or at least clearer here. I didn't notice the flying serpent (at the top edge of the frame) until I did this post!




and a cow foo-mobile! I have conflicting dates about when Bill Hollman started 'Smokey Stover'. One book gives 1934 and the other gives 1935 as the beginning of the strip. Is this Bill Hollman's influence or an influence on Bill Hollman or merely a  coincidence? 

pan back (right) to Prohibition

a snake emerges from the bottle and bites him on the nose.

he's freakin' out, man!


Willie, Devil and Co. laugh as a smaller looking Hellhound exits left.

cut to Hellhound sniffing at the ground


2 comments:

Thad said...

Hey John,
I just got some cool editing software so I may make a 'perfect' version of this cartoon.

BTW, the lyric in "Vulcan"'s song is "I'm glad we've met, for you're all wet... I've got you on the spot!"

J.V. (AKA "White Pongo") said...

Thanks Thad for clearing up the lyric - it was driving me nuts. As to doing a 'perfect version', that is a very sick idea. In other words you should definitely do it! I still need to figure out how to switch up the french soundtracks for the english on the Color Classics. Any tips? I'm workin' on a mac.